I’ve been craving for pineapple and it made me write this article. Obviously, there are lots of pineapple benefits. Aside from the fact that this fruit has lots of fibers and vitamins, there are other health benefits that you might not know.
Pineapple contains proteolytic enzyme bromelain which helps in the digestion of protein. Pineapple can also help in preventing blood clot formation because of its bromelain content. Bromelain has been found to be a useful anti-inflammatory which is effective in supporting in the treatment of conditions like acute sinusitis, sore throat, gout and arthritis.
Anti-oxidant properties of pineapple
Pineapple is also known to be abundant in anti-oxidants. As we know, a buildup of free radicals can lead to diabetic heart disease and atherosclerosis; an increase in asthma attacks and increase the risk of developing certain cancers like colon cancer. So you better take some pineapple if you want to prevent having those diseases.
Pineapple against cancer
Australian research found that there are some beneficial molecules hidden in the stems of pineapples. These molecules have been found to have some defense mechanism against certain types of cancers like ovarian cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer, lung cancer and skin cancer.
Here are some other health benefits of pineapple:
1. It is regulates the gland and found to be helpful in cases of goiter(enlargement of the thyroid gland).
2. Helps in treating dyspepsia (chronic digestive disturbance).
3. Helps in treating bronchitis (inflammation of the bronchial tubes.)
4. Lowers blood pressure
5. Helps in treating arthritis (diseases of the joints)
6. Fresh pineapple juice is also used in removing intestinal worms.
7. Prevents constipation